Registration is now closed. Please check back in April 2019 to register you child for the next His Kids Camp.
His Kids Camp is an activity-based Christian day camp for kids ages 3 years through entering 6th grade. This year it will be held July 9-13 from 9:00 AM-12:30PM each day. There will also be an End of Camp Party and Exhibition Friday Evening starting at 6:30PM. The cost is $25/child.
There are several classes that children entering 1st – entering 6th grade will have the option of taking. Below are descriptions of the classes:
- Art – Drawing, Painting, Illustration – Children will learn the fundamentals of art and visual storytelling from a professional artist/art teacher. The overall theme of the camp will be the focus as kids learn to draw, paint, and illustrate together.
- Cooking – Creating a take home cook book of recipes from simple deserts to personal pizzas that children will have an opportunity to make during camp. A local Master Chef will be leading this class.
- Crafts – An opportunity for kids to create handmade masterpieces using a variety of mediums.
- Drama Games – learning valuable theatre skills while allowing kids to have fun, build confidence, stretch their impromptu abilities.
- Gardening – This class will cover a variety of topics in botany, ecology and nutrition that will enhance children’s understanding and respect for how plants grow and how food is produced.
- Games – All types of activities, from relays, to board games, to fast paced minute to win it games.
- Sewing – Campers will learn the parts of the sewing machine, basic machine sewing techniques and will receive a “Sewing License” for their efforts. Sewing projects include a reversible purse (first year beginner), quilted pillow, or a stuffed owl (for those who have previously done the first two projects), We practice and reinforce the Christlike character traits of patience and perseverance throughout the week.
- Sign Language – An opportunity to learn some basics of ASL. This class will be led by a local person with many years of experience teaching ASL.
- Sports Skills – Led by a local high school coach. This class focuses on basic sportsmanship, and team skills and will give kids an opportunity to play a variety of sports, have fun and learn the fundamentals.
We have large group times where we focus on our theme of “Live Fully Alive.” We also do activity-based breakout classes for our elementary aged kids, while our Pre-K campers enjoy crafts, play time, snacks, chapel, and more.
Email Jason Harvey if you have an questions.