HOW WE PLAN TO REOPEN
As our area continues the process of reopening, we have prepared a reopening plan that mirrors the strategy outlined by the State of Texas and the CDC.
We began in-person participation in worship services on May 24. During this next phase we will open the building taking all recommended precautions. Classes, Praise Kids and Nursery will be suspended at this time. Following Christ’s lead in the “Golden Rule” we encourage everyone who attends to follow the precautions listed below out of love and protection for one another. “Do to others as you would have them do to you.” Luke 6:31
OUR FACEBOOK LIVE SERVICE IS STILL FOR YOU IF…
- You are not ready to return at this time.
- You require Spanish interpreting (simultaneous interpretation will only be available online for now while we work though the technical aspects).
- You are over age 65.
- You have an immune deficiency or other underlying health issues.
- You have had fever, cough or shortness of breath in the last 14 days.
- You have been in contact with someone with these symptoms or who has tested positive in the last 14 days.
Our Online Services will continue to run simultaneously with services in the building, and we encourage you to make the choice that is right for you and your family.
WILL REGULAR SERVICES LOOK DIFFERENT?
While we would love for our in-person gatherings to feel the same as before, like the rest of society, we know that the way we interact with each other will be different for a while. For now, here are some changes:
- Singing – Our singing (don’t you miss it?) will be led by video rather than our Praise Team.
- Communion – Will be self-serve
- Seating – We will continue to maintain ‘social distancing’.
REOPENING PLAN DETAILS
- We will exclusively use two doors for entry/exit of the building. These are the Guest Entrance and Fellowship Hall doors (East side of building). The Gym area will be closed.
- Greeters will open the doors for you and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Bring and wear a mask or facial covering while in the building. (masks will be provided you don’t have one)
- Maintain Safe Distancing – seating will be every other row, and six feet in between family groups. Families will be able to sit together.
- Sanitizing wipes will be provided for you to clean surfaces you touch (i.e. restrooms) to leave the area clean for the next person.
- A thorough deep-cleaning of the building will be made in anticipation of our Worship service.
- Coffee service and paper bulletins will be discontinued for now.
- All in-person ministry events have been canceled until further notice. There are virtual meetings being held on a regular schedule. If you are interested in learning more about our virtual meetings email the following ministers:
- For our Refuge Youth Ministry: Dalton Johnson
- For our Children’s Ministry: Jason Harvey
- For our Hispanic Ministry: Janna Gonzalez
We invite you to set up a free account through our Right Now Media subscription which gives you access to thousands of Bible studies for adults and awesome content for children, as well.
If you are in need of assistance or have questions about our church and/or our faith, please email us at email@example.com.