Mother’s Day Out Program (6 months – 2 years old)

splash dayWhat is Mother’s Day Out? Clear Lake Church of Christ Mother’s Day Out (MDO) is a part-time child care program for children aged 6 months through two years old. Age is determined as of September 1, 2017. (Please see our Preschool information for 3 and 4-year-olds). Our program has operated since 1984 with the purpose to provide a loving Christian atmosphere for parents to leave their children and, at the same time, give children opportunities to develop cognitively, physically, socially, and spiritually.

When is Mother’s Day Out? Mother’s Day Out takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am to 2:00pm, September through May. We generally follow CCISD for school holidays and closures.

What will my child do during the day? The infant class follows the individual child’s routine. Other classes follow a daily schedule. Chapel is held weekly and children attend a daily enrichment class focusing on music, movement, and art. We also have special events throughout the school year. See our 2017-2018 MDO Calendar for more details.polar sensory

Sample Toddler Schedule

9:00 Free Play

9:20 Tuesday-Enrichment; Thursday-Chapel

9:40 Snack and Story Time

10:00 Free Play & Diaper Changes

10:15 Outside Time or Gym Time

10:45 Classroom Activity

11:15 Lunch

11:45 Nap

1:30 Sensory Play & Diaper Changes

preston cooksSample Two-Year-Old Schedule

9:00 Free Play

9:15 Diapers & Potty

9:30 Tuesday-Circle Time; Thursday-Chapel

9:45 Enrichment Class

10:05 Snack

10:20 Craft/Teacher Activity

10:45 Gym/Outside

11:15 Centers

11:45 Lunch/Diapers & Potty

12:15 Nap

1:45 Diapers & Potty

How many children are in each class? We believe it is important for students to have one-on-one attention from teachers. Therefore, we have set limits on the number of students in each class to allow more teachers per student than required for state-regulated daycare facilities. Our ratios are:judie and audrey

Infants 1:3

Toddlers 1:4

Two-Year-Olds 1:6

sophie watercolorWhat will my child learn? We believe in a play-based learning philosophy. Each age group participates in activities designed to stimulate their cognitive development, motor skills, and social learning. We write our curriculum specifically for each class and our students benefit from lesson plans that are tailored to their strengths and weaknesses.

What should my child bring each day?

-Diapers and wipes

-A complete change of clothes

-A lunch with drink (that does not need to be kept hot or cold)

-Nap items (mini crib sheet for infants, playard sheet for toddlers, nap mat for 2’s)

bo writing trayWhat does it cost? Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year is $160 per month. A discount of $5 per child/per month will be given to families with multiple students enrolled in our program.

A list of required supplies or a $25 supply fee is due upon enrollment.

Other costs during the year are optional and include school pictures, book orders, and supplies requested by your child’s teacher for parties and special activities.

How do I register my child? You must complete a registration form and pay the $100 non-refundable registration fee to secure a spot for your child. A school t-shirt is included in the registration fee. Come by our office or email mdo@clearlakechurch.com for a registration form.

Additional paperwork, including a copy of your child’s immunization records, is required upon enrollment.

MDO logo low res281-486-9763 * mdo@clearlakechurch.com * www.facebook.com/CLCCMDO