Worship with us!
- 8:15am - Prayer Time
- 9:15am - Bible Class
- 10:30am - Worship
Hurricane Harvey Relief
Clear Lake Church of Christ, thank you! Your efforts to relieve the suffering of others has been continuous since the rain stopped. Now that many are having to go back to work and our children go back to school we begin our new normal. As we wind down our initial relief effort I want to say I have been so impressed by how you have served others!
- It began with volunteers calling every member in our church directory to ascertain needs and well being.
- Then volunteers called every frequent visitor to our services.
- Some helped with rescue operations and opened their homes to people who had lost their place to live.
- Crews formed to muck houses and remove everything wet before the mold began to grow (ok, sometimes the mold was already growing . . . Yuk!)
- We have had laundry angels washing a huge amount of clothing.
- Baby sitters watched children so their parents could serve. And now, since schools are not yet open, they continue to serve allowing parents to go to their places of employment.
- Food was prepared to feed the work crews and others who were serving.
- People bought gift cards to be handed out to those suffering loss.
- Items were donated as soon as a need surfaced.
- Money has been given.
- Countless behind-the-scenes servants have organized our financial donation effort, written thank you notes, driven people places, ran errands, provided logistical support, answered phone calls from people around the country wanting to help, and other needed tasks.
I selected this picture of two of our many, many volunteer workers, because of the shirts they are wearing. We have been calling this time after the hurricane, “Impact Week on steroids.” You have served well and you have been a living demonstration of Love in Action. Thank you!