Worship with us!
- 8:15am - Prayer Time
- 9:15am - Bible Class
- 10:30am - Worship
Family Discipleship – 2/3/15
For those with younger children:
Get ice cream with your children (or some other treat that they would equally love). As they are eating the treat ask them things like:
- Do you like your treat?
- How much do you like it? (Only a little?)
- What do you like about it? Etc.
After talking with them about how great it is to have special treats tell them that it makes God happy for us to enjoy the things that He made for us. Read James 1:17: Every good and perfect gift is from God…. Tell them about how God gives us all sorts of special treats on this earth, but he has so much more that He wants to give us as we follow Him.
For those with adolescents:
Go to the February Authentic Discipleship Commitment Sheet and spend some time discussing it with your family. Have everyone pick at least one of the five areas and focus on it for this month. Here are some questions you might ask:
- Out of the five areas, where do you spend most of your time?
- How have you been struggling to be Christ-like in that area of your life?
- How can you be more Christ-like in that area of your life? (Reference the verse on the page)
Write down the how each person has decided to be more like Christ in the appropriate area and post it on the fridge, or on the main door, to serve as a reminder. Pray together that you can encourage each other to grow in Christ-likeness during the month of February.