Worship with us!
- 8:15am - Prayer Time
- 9:15am - Bible Class
- 10:30am - Worship
The Fruit of the Spirit is . . . Faithfulness
Everyone admires faithfulness; but many are not willing to pay the price to actually be faithful. As I reflect on the sermon this morning it occurs to me that everything we do in the Sunday morning assembly has something to do with faithfulness.
- We began this morning with a baptism wherein our new sister in Christ joined Jesus in his death, burial and resurrection. Jesus was faithful to his mission to “give his life as a ransom for many” which allows us to be saved from sin.
- We then sang praises to our great God in heaven who has proven himself to be faithful to his covenant promises.
- The sermon was based on passages we find in the Bible which is a record of God’s faithfulness toward us.
- The Lord’s Supper is our weekly sharing in the body of blood of our faithful High Priest and the sacrifice of himself which was given for us.
- The contribution became the first opportunity we had as a congregation to respond to our faithful God by showing ourselves to be faithful in support of His church.
- Our family prayer time was made possible because of the faithfulness of Jesus who allows us to boldly approach God’s throne of grace.
- We ended our service recognizing a new member who desires to become a part of our family. We are indeed a family because God was faithful to keep his promises.
Now we get to live all week long remembering that God is faithful and looking for ways the Spirit of God is developing faithfulness in our lives. When you see evidence of his work in your life encourage it, fan it into flame so that you will become a living example of the faithfulness of God!