Checking Our Vision

I thought the video we saw at the end of the service today was a good reminder of why we have initiated the project “Checking Our Vision.” As we watched images of Clear Lake it occurred to me that God really has placed us in this strategic location on purpose. What are the works that he has “prepared in advance for us to do” (Ephesians 2:10)? As the present body of Christ we are to be about the same things Jesus was committed to doing when he was in his earthly body. But what are those works that God has specifically called us to focus our attention upon? We can’t be expected to do every good work possible. Surely he has uniquely gifted and equipped us to accomplish some very specific works. I want to encourage everyone who is a member at Clear Lake Church to give your prayerful input and perspective so that together we can discern God’s desire for our church. If you’re ready to put your input into words click here. If you would like some more instruction into what we are doing and why, click here.

Byron FikePreaching Minister

Byron has been the preaching minister at Clear Lake since 1999. He and his wife have three grown children, who have also devoted their lives to serving the Lord. In his personal time, Byron likes to read books, watch movies, and play with his little dog Willie. He also is an avid follower of Alabama football, having grown up in Tuscaloosa during the glory days of Bear Bryant.

Comments

9 Responses to “Checking Our Vision”

1. avatar Anonymous says:

Byron, PLease moderate the above comment. There is a typo at the end of Taya’s comment that occured in typing the “if you experience” from David’s comment below. We all apologize sincerely for the mistake and hope that it is not misunderstood.
    thanks

2. avatar Byron says:

I had to delete the comment as there is not way to edit it. However, the comments were so helpful to me that I am immediately going to get a haircut, some hair spray, and a dictionary with a pronunciation guide.

3. avatar Tommy says:

Byron,

how will we know; what we see, think, or hear, will be good for “checking our vision”? there could be a hundred ideas out there. As a congergation, are we looking for certain path to take to help others?

4. avatar Byron says:

Tommy,

There is an endless number of good works we could focus on that would all benefit the kingdom. Our desire is to understand what good works God has specifically prepared for us to accomplish. We have to trust that as we ask, seek, and knock that he will be pleased to show us what he desires for us know so that we may work together as a congregation for his glory.

5. avatar Amanda says:

You did a good job Sunday. I am still a little unsure about this whole vision thing. Guess it’s a good thing I’m not an elder…I’ll just try to do my part and see where it goes.

6. avatar Tommy says:

Byron,

After careful thought and prayer, I could see were this act of vision statements was geared towards. I put my thoughts on the matter on the visions blog. After awhile i just had to take a long look at what servises I could provide, and how I can please God with the talents he’s given me.

7. avatar Travis says:

When we consider that our Father has planned our conception, purpose, and lives, how can we not follow his actions to plan our approach, goals, and actions as a church and individuals? It is critical that we reflect on our previous actions and plan our next actions in accordance to His purpose.

8. avatar Amanda says:

Missed you yesterday, although David did a good job. Looking forward to next week.

9. avatar Jeremy says:

We did miss you. But David did an excellent job. Get a pole!

So did Murdock…it both of his roles!